Reporting Student Absences
- If a student is going to miss any portion of the school day, a parent or guardian must call the school to report the absence before 10:00 a.m. on the day of the absence. When leaving a message on the Attendance Voicemail system, state the student's name, I.D. number, date of absence, reason for the absence, and the name of the parent/guardian calling with a daytime phone number where the parent/guardian can be reached.
- If a student is going to arrive late, a parent/guardian must notify the school by leaving a message on the absence line.
- If a student is going to report to school on time but leave early, the parent/guardian must call to request a Home Pass. This will allow the student to leave the building before the official end of the school day.
- Unreported absences are considered "unexcused" absences. Students with unexcused absences will be assigned to a parent conference.
When leaving a message on the Attendance Voicemail system, clearly and slowly state:
- The student's name
- I.D. number
- Date of absence
- Reason for the absence
- Name of the parent/guardian calling along with a daytime phone number where the parent/guardian can be reached.
To report that your child will be absent from school, call the appropriate following number:
(708) 222-3080 - (English / Español)
(708) 780-4000 x 2331 (English)
(708) 780-4000 x 2328 (Español)
(708) 780-4100 x3905 (English)
(708) 780-4100 x3906 (Español)
Morton Freshman Center
(708) 863-7900 x1122 (English / Español)