2020-2021 Return to School Hybrid Learning Plan
A notice to our Morton 201 Families
Dear Morton 201 Families,
Morton 201 schools will begin hybrid learning on Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
Health and Safety Highlights for Hybrid Learning
What are the steps that Morton has taken that will support the move to hybrid learning?
These are just some of the precautions Morton has taken this school year that will support the move to a hybrid schedule:
- Hand sanitizer stations in entries, common spaces and classrooms,
- Nearly 80,000 units of personal protective equipment (PPE masks, face shield visors, gloves, gowns, Plexiglas dividers),
- Each student attending classes in person will receive two cloth face coverings provided by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency,
- Disinfectant spray solution for wiping surfaces in every classroom and in common spaces
- Disinfectant backpack sprayers to be used throughout the schools during midday and nighttime cleaning and any other times as needed,
- Floor and wall directional markings for hallways and stairways,
- Signage throughout the schools to reinforce social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing and face coverings
- Cleaning and updating of HVAC systems, including increased fresh air intake, upgraded filters where compatible with equipment, and running systems two hours prior and two hours after regular occupancy
Hybrid Learning Schedule
How do Morton students follow the hybrid learning schedule?
The intent of the hybrid schedule is to allow students to attend school in person while maintaining CDC and IDPH guidelines for physical distancing through a reduced number of students in each building. This can reduce the risk of an increase in the spread of COVID-19 to students and adults throughout the community. Each school would be responsible for developing their physical distancing plans for their building. Face coverings for all individuals would always be required while in the school building. This requirement is subject to change as these guidelines evolve.
Students will be assigned to the Silver or Maroon group. Silver students will attend school daily in the morning and remotely in the afternoon. Maroon students will learn from home in the morning and report to school in the afternoon. Weekly schedules are below:
Silver Hybrid Learning Schedule
Maroon Hybrid Learning Schedule
Grab and Go meal pick-up information
Grab and Go pick-up information during hybrid learning
During hybrid learning, students who attend in-person will pick up their grab and go meals at the end of their school day. Students who remain in remote learning may pick up their meals during the hours shown here:
Monday through Friday are available for single meal pick ups
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wednesdays are 7-day meal kit pick-up days
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
3:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For pick-up information and breakfast, lunch and supper menus, visit the grab and go meal page under foodservice.
Community Mental Health Resources
Resources available during COVID-19 pandemic in Cicero/Berwyn
Who do I reach out to for more assistance?
List of community resources
"Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger." This resource from the CDC includes helpful tips on managing stress and anxiety, as well as numbers to hotlines and self-care ideas.
District 201 COVID-19 Dashboard
What is the purpose of the COVID-19 Dashboard?
The data represents the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases and District initiated quarantines among students and staff who are present on our campuses. This data will be updated weekly, every Monday.
Helpful Information for District 201 families
The following are resources to help families during COVID-19. We remind you to wear a face covering in public settings, stay 6ft apart, wash your hands, and sanitize frequently. View more video resources from the Center for Disease Control.