Otaku Club Constitution
CLUB CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
Each group is required to formulate a constitution and a set of by-laws. The constitution and the by-laws must be approved by the DSA before a group may become an officially recognized school activity. A copy of the club’s constitution and by-laws must be on file with the Director of Student Activities.
By-laws are secondary laws or rules within the framework of the constitution. By-laws should include items of specific nature that are important to a club’s operation and which necessitate periodic change, such as dates and time of meetings, fund-raising activities, awards, formulas, etc. If these items or similar items were included in the club’s constitution, an amendment would be required for every modification, no matter how minor.
If any changes are made to the constitution or by-laws, they must be sent to the Director of Student Activities.
GUIDELINES FOR CLUB CONSTITUTION
Morton East Otaku Club
- Sterling Morton High School
The students of J. Sterling Morton High School do hereby establish the Morton East Otaku Club and ordain this constitution with the following objective in mind.
- A club where students can meet and participate in video games, anime, and magna in a safe an inviting environment.
ARTICLE I. MEMBERSHIP
Section 1: Application for membership into the Morton East Otaku Club is open to all currently enrolled students at J. Sterling Morton East High School.
Section 2: Any member may be dismissed from the Morton East Otaku Club because of misconduct, failure to meet his/her responsibilities to the club, or for being absent from more than 50% meetings and/or activities. An acceptable excuse must be furnished to the secretary for an absence.
Section 3: A member may be expelled from this club by a vote of the two-thirds majority of the club.
ARTICLE II. OFFICERS
Section 1: The Morton East Otaku Club shall have the following officers:
- President, who shall be responsible for
- Presiding over all meetings;
- Heading all standing and special committees;
- Posting on the official Morton East Otaku Club social media account(s);
- Vice-President, who shall be responsible for
- All that the President is responsible for when the President is absent or unable to take part in the activities;
- Take attendance at all meetings;
- Secretary, who shall be responsible for
- Any correspondence determined necessary to maintain adequate communication with the membership, school administration, Student Council, or any other agency;
- Recording the minutes of all regular and/or committee meetings;
- To furnish a copy of the reports and/or surveys to the membership and club advisor(s);
- Treasurer, who shall be responsible for
- Collecting, depositing, and accounting of all the Morton East Otaku Club;
- Presenting a financial report at all regular meetings;
- Submitting all invoices to the membership and to advisor(s) for their approval for their acknowledge before payment;
- Recording any additional financial business in the record book deemed necessary by officer(s) and/or advisor(s);
Section 2: The above officers shall compose the Executive Board.
Section 3: Each officer shall maintain his duties to the fullest extent in accordance with the rules of the Student Council and the rules of the school.
Section 4: Election Day of officers is held within the first 3 club meetings, but not exceed beyond the last Friday of September.
Section 5: Qualification of officers:
Must have been a Morton East Otaku Club member or equivalent club at the Freshman Center for minimum 1 year.
Section 6: Procedure of voting.
- Members establish interest in candidacy to advisor(s) minimum one day prior to established voting day;
- Voting day will take place during the club’s meeting, determined by faculty advisor(s) after the first meeting and any time prior to the last Friday in September by form of secret ballot;
Section 7: All officers shall assume the duties of their respective offices when so designated by the organization.
Section 8: The term of office shall be one year.
ARTICLE III. POWERS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
Section 1: The executive board shall set the dates for all regular meetings in conjunction with advisor(s) availability.
ARTICLE VI. MEETINGS
Section I. Purpose: Determined by the executive board.
Section II. Frequency: Determined by executive board in conjunction with advisor(s) availability.
Section III. Responsibility for Attendance: Secretary is responsible to take the meeting’s attendance. Attendance will include the date, students’ name, and students’ ID number.
ARTICLE IV. USE OF FINANCES
Section 1: Any money collected by the Morton East Otaku Club must be handled in accordance with the Student Council and school rules.
Section 2: The Morton East Otaku Club may spend money with the membership and advisor’s approval only for the following purposes;
- To cover the normal operating expenses of the Morton East Otaku Club.
- To promote the Objectives of the Morton East Otaku Club.
- All other projects (expenses) should be approved by the administration.
BY-LAWS THE CONSTITUTION
Section 1: A quorum shall consist of a simple majority of the membership of the club. No business can be transacted of a quorum is not present.
Section 1: The Constitution and By-Laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of a quorum and/or of the membership.
Section 1: The actions of this club are subject to the approval of school administration and the faculty advisor(s).
- STERLING MORTON HIGH SCHOOL
STUDENT ACTIVITIES OFFICE
This Certifies that
Morton High School has received
Its charter for the school year
and is extended the rights, privileges,
and responsibilities that any
chartered extra-curricular organization may hold.
THE CLUB MAY……..
- Request calendar dates for activities
- Meet in the school
- Participate in school activities
- Appear in yearbook and newspaper
- Maintain an activity account
- Keep and save minutes
Signature of the Director of Students Activities