How to Submit Official Competitive Bids/Proposals
Each invitation to bid is posted on our website and vendors/suppliers can submit their bids. Unless otherwise noted, if you download documents, you must check back to the website within 4 business days of bid/proposal opening to ensure you are informed of any addendums, which you will note on your bid/proposal form. Failure to do so may result in a rejection of bid/proposal.
All invitations to bid that are posted on our website, contain the following:
1. Date, time and place bid is to be opened. It is absolutely mandatory that all bids be delivered in accordance with those instructions. Bids that are received late are not accepted.
2. General requirements and conditions.
3. Detailed specifications. Many times, brand names and model numbers are utilized in the bid specifications as a way of communicating minimal requirements of the district. This in no way prevents a company from bidding alternates, if specified in bid specs; however, all deviations must be stated in the bid document or the bidder will be required to supply the item completely as specified. All alternates must meet or exceed the specifications in order to be considered.
4. Pre-bid/proposal meetings. For many bids/proposals, pre-bid/proposal meetings are a part of the process. This information is included in the bid/proposal spec. These meetings are an opportunity for bidders/proposers and Morton High School District 201 staff to meet, discuss the bid/proposal specifications and ask all questions necessary to enable the bidders/proposers to prepare their bid/proposal response.
All questions pertaining to bid specs must be presented in writing to the Morton High School District 201 District Office to ensure that proper information is included in your bid/proposal response and also to ensure that all vendors receive the same information. The district is not responsible for information that is provided by other departments or contractors.
Bid/Proposal Opening Procedures
All bids are opened promptly on the date and at the time stated in the bid specs. All interested vendors are invited to attend. All bid openings are public and bids are read aloud and a tabulation of all bids are made at this time. Bid tabulations are made available on the Purchasing website. Once bids are opened, no changes can be made. If a vendor realizes a mistake has been made, they are afforded two options:
1. Honor their bid as written; or
2. Withdraw their bid on the item(s) in question or the entire bid. This may result in forfeiture of your bid bond.
It is the intent of the school district and the business office to obtain the best quality materials at the lowest prices possible as allowed by Illinois State Law and Morton HSD 201 Board Policy.
Bid Award Notification
Morton HSD 201 will issue all official bid award notifications. Award notifications from any other department or staff member of the district may be incorrect information.
For more information regarding Purchases, Contracts and Bidding please see our Board Policy Manual.